Books, books, and more books! A conference just isn’t a conference if it isn’t showcasing some of the best and brightest new books in the field. So as editor of the SUNY Series I am pleased to send this update to everyone right as we approach ITC 2013.
As many of you will remember, at the 2010 Integral Theory Conference we launched the SUNY Series in Integral Theory with the publicaiton of four new textbooks:
- Integral Education: New Directions for Higher Learning edited by Sean Esbjörn-Hargens, Jonathan Reams, & Olen Gunnlaugson
- Integral Psychotherapy: Inside Out/Outside In By R. Elliottt Ingersoll & David M. Zeitler
- Integral Theory in Action: Applied, Theoretical, and Constructive Perspectives on the AQAL Model edited by Sean Esbjörn-Hargens
- A Guide to Integral Psychotherapy: Complexity, Integration, and Spirituality in Practice by Mark Forman
So for the 2013 Integral Theory Conference we are excited to be making available for the first time three new textbooks in Integral Theory:
- Integral Recovery: A Revolutionary Approach to the Treatment of Alcoholism and Addiction by John Dupuy
- Integral Leadership:The Next Half-Step by John P. Forman & Laurel A. Ross
- Improvisation, Creativity, and Consciousness: Jazz as Integral Template for Music, Education, and Society by Edward W. Sarath
Each of these volumes is quite impressive and a welcome addition to the growing body of books showcasing applied Integral Theory. All three of these volumes will be in the ITC bookstore and can be purchased directly from SUNY Press (along with the other four volumes). Click here.
Also I am pleased to announce that in 2014 we will have two edited volumes published:
- The World's Great Wisdom: Timeless Teachings from Religions and Philosophies by Roger Walsh
- Sex, Gender & Sexuality: The Birth of a Critical Integral Inquiry edited by Vanessa Fisher and Sarah Nicolaides.
In addition to these five new books there are four additional titles in peer-review including:
- Reweaving the Threefold Cord: Integral Theory and the Christian Tradition – An Introduction by Neville Ann Kelly
- Integrated Recovery by Guy du Plessis
- Enacting Integral Theory: New Horizons of Theory and Application edited by Sean Esbjorn-Hargens
- Integral Approaches to Conflict by Richard McGuigan and Nancy Popp
And there are eight manuscripts that are near completion and will be submitted to peer-review soon
- Big Picture Science: An Introduction to Integral Meta-Studies by Mark Edwards, Markus Molz, and Wendelin Kupers
- Integral Ecologies: Nature, Culture, and Knowledge in the Planetary Era edited by Sam Mickey, Adam Robert, and Sean Kelly.
- Dancing with Sophia: Integral Philosophy on the Verge edited by Sean Esbjörn-Hargens and Michael Schwartz.
- Integral Approaches to Diversity Dynamics: Exploring the Maturation of Diversity Theory and Practice – Mark Forman, Michael Raffanti, and Toni Gregory
- The Kingdom of the Mind: A New View of States and Stages by Terri O’Fallon
- Integral Without Borders: Coherence in Complex Times edited by Gail Hochachka and Emine Kiray
- Global Knowledge Futures: Evolution and Emergence of Integral Worldviews by Jennifer Gidley
- True But Partial: Essential Critiques of Integral Theory edited by Sean Esbjörn-Hargens
So with nine current titles in the series, four more in peer-review, and eight more being written this series is one of the best places to get the cutting edge books in Integral Theory. I’m also in conversation with a number of other authors about possible books they might submit. It is thrilling to see such great material being produced by the integral community.
For information, including guidelines for submission, about the SUNY Series in Integral Theory visit MetaIntegral Foundation: https://foundation.metaintegral.org/SUNY-Series-in-Integral-Theory
See you at the conference!